- Halved and cleaned walnut shells
- Wooden toothpicks
- A white candle
- Decorative tape, such as Japanese Washi Tape
1. Light candle and drip wax about ¼ of the way up the inside of each empty walnut shell.
2. Insert a wooden toothpick into the center of the wax. The wax dries pretty quickly, so go ahead and do this just as soon as you’ve finished filling the shell with wax. Don’t worry, it’ll stay up. Let the wax dry completely, 5 minutes or so.
3. Wrap decorative tape around the toothpick mast and cut to shape to form little flags.